das Warhammer Forum für Eingefleischte
Aktuelle Zeit: 14.08.2018, 07:56

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+01:00

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Eurobowl Tactics Thread
BeitragVerfasst: 23.08.2008, 07:49 
Dämonenprinz
Dämonenprinz

I'm not sure what I should pack in my Orc team.

Versions with Troll
1 Troll
4 Blitzer
4 Black Dorks
1 Thrower
a) 2 Gobs + 1AC 1CL // b) 2 Linedorks // c) 1 Gob + 1 Linedork + 1 FF
3 Rerolls

I kind of like my Troll. Put Guard on him and just let him hang arround. Did a very good job at the B7. The version the with the two Lineorcs has got the most punch, but the 1TTD is off. So I might go for the middle way.

Then there is always the possibility to go down to two Rerolls and take two throwers. (with a or c)

Skills:
1. Guard on Troll
2. Block on Thrower
(those two are set)
3. MB on Blitzer / Block on BO / Guard on Blitzer
4. MB on Blitzer / Block on BO / Guard on BO
5. MB on Blitzer / Block on BO / Guard on BO
Not sure, B7 I took all Block on BO. MB on Blitzers should be fun. I'm not taking Tackle because I want to avoid Skills that are only usefull against half of the possible opponents. Strip Ball or Frenzy on a Blitzer as a third Skill is an alternative.

Version without Troll
4 Blitzer
4 Black Dorks
1 Thrower + 3 Linedorks // 2 Throwers + 1 Linedork + 2 Gobbos
4 ReRolls

Not sure about these. The team with the 3 LO is just solid, and the second one a bit more da'cunning game. But ultimatly I miss my BigGuy.

Well, I have to test all of this.

Edit:

I'm also still kind of tempted by the Norse Team of Death that Kills:
1 Snow Troll
2 Ulfwerner
2 Berzerkers
2 Runners
5 Linemen
2 ReRoll
1 FF

I'm a firm believer that having a plan is just plain Cheating.

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Eurobowl Tactics Thread
BeitragVerfasst: 25.08.2008, 10:55 
grosser Dämon
grosser Dämon

I would go for the team without the Troll, in these Tournaments the players are not at all intimidated ba a Troll. They put a victim next to it and then get on with there Game. If you want a guard, put the skill on a blitzer, they are much more versatile then a Troll and can give you backup anywhere on the field.

the 4 Reroll can come in very handy indead, cause you will need to roll better then those Elfish girly teams.

Take the team with 1 Thrower, 2 Linedorks and a Gobbo...
There you got 12 players, and 4 Rerolls.

I would give the BO block and guard on your blitzers.

Stay away from Norse, either it works, or they will punch through your low armour and kill your entire team. I konw, they did it to me on 3 Tournaments!!!

BeitragVerfasst: 25.08.2008, 11:37 
Administrator

I agree.. it's either the team without Troll or version C.
u only want to bring a gobo as a substitute as u don't wanna give up your cool AV average. The only reason i would take a troll is to TTM, so the version without a gobo is a blunder imo.

I kinda like Version C too though.

So my 2 favorite orc setups are:

1 Troll
4 Blitzer
4 Black Dorks
1 Thrower
1 Gob + 1 Linedork + 1 FF
3 Rerolls

and

4 Blitzer
4 Black Dorks
1 Thrower
3 Linedorks
4 ReRolls

In this order :)

I don't see Norse as really competitive either.

BeitragVerfasst: 25.08.2008, 12:11 
grosser Dämon
grosser Dämon

We shouldn't forget, that at the end of the first day, you can give 1 of your players a trait,double roll!

There you could give your Troll Block!

Or your Gobo, Juggernaut! :w00t:

BeitragVerfasst: 25.08.2008, 16:10 
Administrator

hehe yep.
I wouldn't waste the trait on the troll. Guard is perfect for the troll's purpose. You're not gonna block with him anyway or at least not before you've done anything else. All he's there for is support your line and tie up low agility opponents.

BeitragVerfasst: 26.08.2008, 18:31 
Dämonenprinz
Dämonenprinz

Better a Troll with Guard for 5 games than a Troll with Block for 3. But what should I use the double roll for?

I probably go for the Version C and ask the dude to lend me his team. Again. :D But I'll get some test matches under my belt first. Also with the no-troll team.

BeitragVerfasst: 09.09.2008, 17:19 
niederer Dämon
niederer Dämon

"Orc" is the team I used to play in tournament (normally)... my opinion... :blush:

You should have:
4 Blitzers :up:
4 Black Orcs
1 Thrower
1 Lineman
1 Gob
1 Troll :body:

3 re-roll 1 fame

You need a troll and a gob, just for the one turn... the only way to score in one turn and (maybe... if you are lucky...) win the game or have a nil!...

Even without playing your troll, on the field he is already a threat for your opponent... a lot of really good players never give any skill to their troll! Just count the action of your troll as bonus and never play him as a central piece of your strategy... but the day he'll "mighty blows" 1 or 2 of your opponent players, you'll be happy! "Block" for the "double skill" could be a good idea as well... I would do it... don't forget that your opponents get a "double skill" at the same time than you...

One thrower for the "sure hand" skill and "block" for his add skill (the first one you should choose!)
The blitzers have already "block"! They don't really need more skills... maybe one with "guard", they move and dodge better than a Black Orc!

Three re-roll is already a lot (and you could as well win one more with "perfet coaching" for instance...)... 4 is definitly too much...

After that, give "guard" and/or "block" to your black orcs...

12 players in an orc team is enough when you are playing "Tr110"! Use your Gob just if you may need the one turn!

With that, you'll have a solid team! A Good and solid bashing team... what's the orcs are made for!
I'm looking forward to having a look at your team! :lol:

BeitragVerfasst: 22.09.2008, 12:51 
niederer Dämon
niederer Dämon

For me the troll is usefull at least for the match up against other big guies, and the one-turn possibility to reach a draw or a win on the last turn.
If i had to play orc, i would play it.

For the skill, i agree with the better 1 guard troll for 5 match than block for 3, but i would go for guards and block on the BOBs so the troll will easily reach 3 dices blocks.

BeitragVerfasst: 14.10.2008, 11:18 
niederer Dämon
niederer Dämon

Now lets try to go on with Undeads question. The roster is not a question:
2 mummy
2 wights
4 ghouls
5 zombies

the question doesn't apper for the first skill : block on a ghoul, since i played amazons, i just can't play without a blodge ball carrier.

the question begins with the secund skill :
-frenzy the wight
-guard the wight
-sure hand the ghoul
-guard the mummy
?

BeitragVerfasst: 14.10.2008, 13:46 
dämonisches Reittier
dämonisches Reittier

Guard to the wight, so you can protect the ghoul... mummy is to slow to follow the ball-carrier.

That´s my opinion. :up:

BeitragVerfasst: 14.10.2008, 15:51 
grosser Dämon
grosser Dämon

Very good Idea! :up:

BeitragVerfasst: 14.10.2008, 18:14 
Dämonenprinz
Dämonenprinz

I second that Guard for the Wight. When I played against you he was a real pain in the arse.

I would probably go:

1. Block on Ghoul
2. Guard on Wight
3. Block on Mummy
4. Frenzy on Wight
5. Block on Ghoul

For my Orcs I will go:

1. Guard on Troll
2. Block on Lineman
3. Block on Thrower
4. Frenzy on Blitzer
5. Guard on Blitzer (to team up with the Frenzy Blitzer)
I'm pretty much set on the skill choice, but not so much on the order (except the guard on troll as first skill, that is set in stone). I consider the Black Orcs good enough with ST 4. Orcs is all about killer defense.

Zuletzt geändert von Killjoy am 14.10.2008, 18:49, insgesamt 3-mal geändert.

BeitragVerfasst: 14.10.2008, 18:21 
Administrator

sooner or later I'd go for tackle or Wrestle to get those blodgers down.

BeitragVerfasst: 14.10.2008, 18:47 
dämonisches Reittier
dämonisches Reittier

Yes, ant the block on the orc lineman doesn´t make much sense to me... linemans are linemans...ready to die or to do nothing all the match.

With orcs: Guard (troll), guard (black orc), tackle (blitzer), guard (black orc) and more guard... and block to the thrower, or Leader depending on how many RR you have... but then would be my first choice.

But that last is not so important if you keep the thrower away of the opponents...

And frenzy ... I think it will be not easy to use frenzy against the best players of every country. Will be funny of course, but some others skills should be more reliable.

I don´t know... :thinking:

BeitragVerfasst: 14.10.2008, 18:59 
Dämonenprinz
Dämonenprinz

Block on the lineman frees up one Blitzer in the offense and defense set up to cause all kinds of trouble. A Lineorc with Block and AV9 is nothing to laugh at (if he stays in the centre where mobility is less important he is as good as a blitzer). The orc team is too slow to afford one player who is just "ready to die or do nothing at all", unlike other temas.

Like this after game three I have 6 Players with block (ball carrier with block & sure hands), 4 with ST4 and the troll with ST5 and Guard (10 with AV9). :up:

Frenzy is not there to send people crowd surfing, which indeed will not be easy against top players. But it serves as a tackle/strip ball/mighty blow substitute that works against all opponents. Tackle is fine, but if you're unlucky you face nothing but orcs, dwarfs and CDs for the rest of the tourney and the skill is wasted. In a tourney where you only get one after every game, 5 in total, this seems too risky to me. And who knows, I might be able to kick someone in the crowd if I'm lucky. In any case the frenzy player can not be ignored and the other coach has give him some thought.

But that is just my point of view and other skill choices are as valid and good. Please keep up the critique so I have to keep on thinking.

BeitragVerfasst: 14.10.2008, 22:30 
Administrator

i actually agree with volstagg. Why waste a skill on a lineman? They're just there to stand in the way and absorb the beating. Frenzy isn't a skill i would take either.. it usually brings you in trouble cause you're forced to follow up. You usually need 2 assists to get 2 2D blocks, if your opponent has a good player setup. It's too risky IMO. I would go for Guard (Troll), Blitzer (Guard), Blitzer (Tackle), Block (Thrower but not necessary), fill up the rest with MB or Guard (BoBs or Blitzers).

I prefer Guard on Blitzers as you can also dodge with them and get them into a better position if needed.
The Block on Thrower is more optional.. I'd rather go for some MBs.. they could really make a difference. If you don't like Tackle then go for Wrestle to bring the blodgers down.

BeitragVerfasst: 15.10.2008, 08:57 
niederer Dämon
niederer Dämon

The frenzy case is a typical Murphy demonstration. I use to have a frenzy wight on my last tournaments. Each time i try to count and figure out how to crowd push a player, i take several minutes to plan the thing, put some assist here and there, and get a POw and/or bothdown result instead of arrows, which is not bad. So knowing that, i don't spend a lot anymore on assist, i just use him as a normal blitzer with the insurance to get a pow, all i have to do is to foul murphy and let him believe that i want to crowd push ^^ .

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+01:00